Saturday 1 August 2015

The Calling #TheCalling

Yes, you're right, I didn't explain what the Calling was. I have left you hanging for all of those days. I apologize profusely, I have been rather busy, locked into the world of selfies, facebook, twitter and the like. Oh, yes, plus Viber and Whattsapping people, sending photos, recording messages, talking for free on the phone. In fact, I had a rather unusually busy day on the phone. People I know switch their phones off at the weekend.

The Calling is a signal that comes in the form of a piece of music by Holst, in the Planets, exactly 43 minutes into the piece and for precisely 5 minutes, is a sound that one can only describe as heavenly. First comes the music and then a chorus of angelic voices that grows fainter and fainter by the second. Before I remembered that I was an alien/angel or however you want to describe me, I always listened to Classical music but not a lot of Holst. I knew the work but was more a fan of Mendhlsohnn, Bruch, Beehthoven, and so many others. When I first heard the Calling, I thought I was mad. It wouldn't stop playing as though it was on surround sound, every Friday evening at precisely 9.29pm, no matter what I was doing or where I was. Freaked out was an understatement. At the same time, I kept dreaming of someone whom I had never met. He introduced himself to me in a way that seemed so realistic that when I actually met him in person (on A Friday at 9.29pm exactly) I continued the conversation that we were having before, and so did he......yes, so did he. #FreakedOut #Spooky #HorrorMovie #JohnnyDepp speaking with a received British accent, dressed in 18th century clothes and chasing ghosts that chop people's heads off......so yes.. freaky indeed by Jove, but the music stopped. That happened so often, that it no longer freaked me out and I interpreted it to be a message that the person was or would be of great significance in my life.

So when I got a Calling the other day, I was no longer concerned but went about my day as usual after dreaming first of Larry Paul Scott, the model, and then of an actor with dark brown hair When I awoke, I remembered the dream as though it had occurred in my living room and the guests had left 10 minutes earlier. It was so touchy feely that I am sure that my body shivered as it got colder in the dream. A friend rang and asked if I wanted to join her for a cycle ride around Battersea Park. I thought that it was a grand idea and headed off out of my door while throwing clothes on. I needed more layers than the time of year suggested, but hey that's British Summertime for you. I hopped on my English made, no not China this time, classic ladies cycle. After cycling around almost all of the park to find each other, my friend and I then headed to our favourite cafe on the Kings Road for a coffee. She was meeting her husband and their two daughters there before they headed off on holiday in Brazil. When we arrived at the cafe, we parked our bikes and then my friend headed into the cafe while I waited outside at a table. While I was seated, I emptied the contents of my bag on the table and started looking for my lighter. Its like the buses, never around when you desperately need one but then suddenly they all show up at once. In threes or fours.  Then it started, the choir on a long almost never ending note, the sound of soft oboes in the background. I looked around, and then locked eyes, first with the deep dimple in the square, freshly shaven chin, and then the blue eyes.

- Are you Henry Cavill, I asked, the actor who plays Superman, #ManOfSteel? If I could have turned to the audience and had one of those 'aside' moments where the character in the play explains something or reacts in a manner to express inner thought, I would have screamed....
Henry Cavill with my friend Luca Cavlani is taking the non-selfie photo.
Fan 1
HenryCavillOnline.com
Holst, The Planets

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for tagging HenryCavillOnline.com on your post! We are happy you had the chance to meet Henry. He's the nicest guy. You left us with a cliffhanger to your experience. Will you share the rest of it?

    ReplyDelete